Saturday, March 7, 2009

Got Wood

Mandy, Me, Bubbles, and Shannon

Well, I said I would give a quick update on what happened, so to answer my own questions from 6am this morning.

Will Shannon's hip hold out? Yup, no problems.
Will she get a frog, her 3rd plaque? Yup, no problems. 8th place!
Will she meet her goal of 3:55? It was really hot.
Will Mandy really try to run it? Yes, against her better judgement, probably to stop our incessant badgering
How will her first marathon go? She was pretty brave to give it a shot on a bad ankle and little preparation.
Will bubbles cramp up and run the race backwards again? Or a second plaque? Cramping and a plaque! 12 place!
Will I crash and burn again? No crashing but I did burn, as in sunburn. Pasty white cubicle dwellers should not take their shirts off outside. Oh yeah, after 4 tries I finally "got wood".

Shannon and I will put up a better race report in a day or two, but right now we need some sleep.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go on the 9th place finish!!!!!!!
    Super Whopper!! Hemple off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a marathon PR!!!!!!!!! 3:26 pheswh. Fast as the wind!!!!!!! I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! A PR in Umstead! Congrats! Come down and have some beers at St. Patty's Run Green this afternoon to celebrate. And a frog plaque? You can't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon . .you rock! Great race result! And a VERY INTERESTING blog!

    You posted to my Blog about Umstead and included a link to some pictures. Well, here is a link to more pictures I took. http://www.flickr.com/photos/triple_f/sets/72157614892534807/

    Just so you know, I hold the honor of being the LAST OFFICIAL FINISHER in 6:04!! Got pretty hot by the time in finished up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well . . . I see I was mistaken! This is not Shannon's Blog. Sorry! But I'm glad you "got wood!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Anthony & Shannon! We were at Umstead at 7am last Sat to beat the marathon crowd and felt bad for the warm weather you guys would have to suffer though... but looks like that did not create too much trouble for both of you! I just thought to checked the results online and saw that Anthony got wood, and knew you must have posted something about it on this blog! great job!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.