Monday, April 26, 2010

Answering your running questions!

Most people arrive at this blog searching the Internet for answers to running related questions.
Well, I am here to help!

Google provides me with the list of phrases that people are searching for, and from this I will chose some of the most common questions and answer them here.

(Note: these are actual search terms. I am not making these up.)

Q: "how hilly is boston marathon"?
A: About a 3 on the hilly scale.

Q: "whats is a fast men's 5k time "?
A: To find what would be fast for you- Take your age, multiply by your weight, and then divide by the color of your shoes.

Q: "blister on my foot"?
A: Pop it, put a band aid on it, and quit being a baby

Q: "biting flies in umstead park raleigh nc"?
A: Oh, God yes.
To avoid biting flies:
1) Mix 2 parts vinegar to 1 part tomato juice.
2) Apply to all exposed skin.
3) Don't leave the house.
Q: "hilliest marathon"?
A: If it isn't Pike's Peek, let me know.

Q: "are dog allowed in the uwharrie national forest"?
A: Yes. But put an orange collar on them during hunting season

Q: "running 5k with runners knee"?
A: Yes, go ahead

Q: "best shoe to cure runner's knee"?
A: Probably the ones you don't wear

Q: "softride bike for sale"?
A: Sorry, sold it.

Q: "runner knee quick fix"?
A: small steps

Q: "running knees 'days in a row'"?
A: I have no idea what you are asking, but I am going to say 5.

Q: "below 13:00 5k"?
A: In your dreams.

Q: "strollers" "city of oaks marathon" ?
A: Yes. Make sure you start in the front.

Q: "bad trots all day post half marathon"?
A: I'm so, so sorry to hear that.

Q: "amount ibuprofen chondromalacia runners"?
A: Exactly 2 metric handfuls per knee, or 4 pills per mile.

Q: "belch felt so good"
A: Glad to hear it!

Q: "my knee is cured"
A: Congratulations!

Q: "anthony corriveau ruggedly handsome"?
A: Of course. (Wait. I think this was me ego-surfing.)


Well that's it for this weeks installment.
I plan on making this a regular feature, so check back soon.

6 comments:

  1. It's funny to see how some people end up on my blog searching for something totally unrelated to my stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so my blog is called "Beacause all the cool kids are doing it". I get a little creeped out when at least once a week I get a hit from Singapore that is searching for "Kids Doing It"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neil- Yikes! thats scary. The worst I get is people searching for "Red Shoe Diaries" which was a really bad R-rated TV show

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Shoe Diaries. Wow. You see kids, before the internet, uh, you know what? Nevermind.

    I only rarely get a foot fetishist search. Glad I don't have "kids doing it" in my blog title, ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.