Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sign of the Opossumlypse?



All week, I have been looking for a sign of what the 2012 Umstead mascot will be.

With the weather forecasts predicting biblical rain on Saturday, I thought that may be a sign of an aquatic creature. Maybe it is the crayfish? Or maybe a water snake?

But then riding my bike to work this morning I saw what had to be the sign I was waiting for.

Perched in a tree on Reedy Creek road, just outside of Umstead, was this furry little omen.

Surely this means Opossum is the mascot. We will find out tomorrow.

Curiously, he had climbed up 9 feet off the ground. Maybe this is a sign of how much rain we are going get...




6 comments:

  1. It almost looks like the opossum is smiling in that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is because he knows something we don't

      Delete
  2. Hm, too perfect. Must be a diversion. I'm going to make a last minute prediction switch to Stegosaurus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... dinner. I was trying to randomly match the gif file name for the mascot on the Umstead Marathon web site this morning, and failed miserably. Yes, I'm bored at work today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. first picture of a(n) opossum in the history of both photography and opossum's where the little critter managed to look cute.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.