Wednesday, December 7, 2011

$100 Photo Contest Ends in 23 Days

Your time is running out

You have one last chance to submit a photo for the 2011 Running Photo of the Year contest.

The deadline is December 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM.

Submissions
I have changed the submission process slightly.  Please follow these 3 steps carefully. If you don't, your submission may be lost
  1. You MUST fill out this formIf you don't, then I will not know who the photo is from. This is because the when the photo is emailed, it goes into a dropbox, and I dont see the email.
  2. Then email the image to this address: 113635732325082234976.contest@picasaweb.com
  3. In the subject line, include: your name, the month, and the title of the image. Don't include anything in the body of the email, because I cannot see it.
I am no longer accepting links. Due to my disorganization, I waited to long to get some of the images and they are gone now. I will try to contact the applicants to resubmit. Sorry about that.

Judging

The judging will take place at our usual New Years Eve gathering. Here are the rules that I am making up as I type this:
  • There will be 7 volunteer judges. 
  • There will be a presentation of all of the submissions, along with a discussion of the merits of each
  • Each judge will pick their top three submissions, awarding points.  
    • 1st = 3 points
    • 2nd = 2 points
    • 3rd = 1 points
  • Judges cannot vote for their own photos, if they have any.
  • Points will be tallied up. Top prize is awarded to the most points, seconds place to the next, etc.
  • Any ties will be broken by Shannon and I.
  • Prize money is mailed out first week in January.
Wanna be a Judge?
All ya gotta do is volunteer. Leave a comment here, send me an email, tell me in person, whatever. The next 6 people to volunteer are in. We already have 1 judge.

You will have to come to our New Year's Eve party (which can be painfully dull, we often play Scrabble).
I suppose if you really want to be a judge, but really don't want to spend New Year's eve looking at running photos and playing Scrabble then I'll make an exception.

Current Entries
In the next few days I will make a post with the current entries. I will also be contacting some of you about problems with the submissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.