Friday, December 2, 2011

Up and Running

I was making similar face at The Misery Run for a different reason


Alright, I'm back. I'm "between injuries" once again.
Wow, it's been like six weeks since my last post.
Let's check the running log to see what's been happening with me:

10/15 - Did OK at Triple Lakes, knees feeling better
10/22 - Strained my "turkey tendon" (again) trying to run 18 miles.
10/28 - Quit running, for good this time
11/01 - In a severe bout of optimism, sign up for the Uwharrie 40
11/06 - Ran the NY Marathon... well, in a virtual reality Avatar-sort-of-way
11/10 - Become thankful that my neighbor donated an elliptical machine to us
11/13 - Drop out of the Misery Run after 2 miles when Turkey Tendon fails
11/14 - Never running again. I mean it this time.
11/17 - Become thankful that Sams Club sells Naproxen in bulk
11/20 - Run 8 miles! In great new shoes!
11/30 - Fail to run 8 miles! In crappy new shoes!

So that's been what's happening with me.
Shannon has been doing good. She has the Umstead 100 Miler coming up in a few months and she is giving some serious thought to starting to train for it.

The blog to-do list is really filling up. Here are some posts I'll try to get out this month:
  • Interview with our favorite running couple Jim Hite and Joyce Hodges-Hite
  • Shannon's 1000 mile shoes
  • New "clown" shoe review (?)
  • Call for judges for Running Photo contest
  • 2011 Running Photos of the year selections!
  • Review of the absolute best running accessory ever. 
  • New York Marathon race report (maybe not, could stir up controversy)
  • Run at the Rock race report

Yes, I will be attempting to run the Run At The Rock 14 Miler tomorrow. I have not run further than 9 miles since the Turkey Tendon failure 5 weeks ago, so it who knows what will happen.

Thanks for reading!




5 comments:

  1. Yay!
    Or, oh no, does this mean you're about to quit running for good again? Oh, I'm so conflicted here!
    I was just thinking about the "Why We Run" contest the other day and how I've wanted to submit something off and on throughout the year. But, I always ended up overthinking the concept and produced nothing. I guess I have 28 days left to submit at least one photo, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The art muse left me this year. Sorry I had nothing to contribute.

    Good luck tomorrow! This could be the beginning of a long injury-free streak. Weirder things have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Hopefully the knee holds up at The Rock tomorrow. If not, I could donate one of mine if I *eventually* catch up to you, although both of mine are pretty crappy as well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow! Hoping you hold up for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was running the rock tomorrow... Excited to see you signed up for Uhwarrie! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.