Friday, November 12, 2010

Misery Run on Sunday



Guaranteed to be mud
Come on out to Carrboro this Sunday for the The Godiva Track Club Misery run.

Info for the run is on here on the Godiva website.

It's about 5-6 miles of cow pasture, wooded trails, hay bales, mud, and poo. Needless to say a lot of fun.

It's only $5 and you don't need to be a Godiva member. But it's a great chance to see what Godiva is all about.


Can you smell that?

We did it last year, and Shannon took some good pictures, which are here. There is also an article in the Chapel Hill News about last years race.

Despite my strange quad injury I will be attempting to run this. Hobbling the last few miles through cow poo seems appropriate for the Misery Run.




Hay bales are part of the course

Your shoes WILL get dirty. So go barefoot

The course was laid out to illustrate a runner curled up in the fetal position.


4 comments:

  1. This looks like one of those warrior dashes that have become so popular. Where's the ring of fire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait - you were serious in that last post? Well crap to that, I say.

    If I'm able to move, I'll see you on Sunday at this feista de poo. I might need directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!
    It is at the Lucas Farm, on the West side of Old Fayetteville Road in Carrboro, between W Poplar Ave and Jones Ferry Road.

    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gl=us&hl=en&doflg=ptm&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=111902328831471355692.000494e78f4a7ab433827&ll=35.919292,-79.127398&spn=0.045737,0.079651&t=h&z=14

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas, I can't. I got called in to work. A guy who has covered a shift for me needs help with a multitude of dog baths. Shoot. This would have been my first time stepping in shit barefoot. Damn my work ethic.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.