Saturday, November 6, 2010

Race Schedule

Our race schedule for the next 4 months.
Put this to together to figure out when we can do some long training runs for Uwharrie.

A lot of trail races coming up.

2009 Little River Trail Run 10 Mile race


















DateRaceType
Sat 11/7/2010Raleigh Half (blech)Road
Sun 11/14/2010Godiva Misery RunXC/Farm/Poo
Sat 11/20/2010Raven Rock Rumble 10 Miler Trail
Thu 11/25/2010Turkey Trot?Road
Sat 12/4/2010Run at the Rock 14 milerTrail
Sat 12/11/2010Triad Trail Series Race #3 maybe?Trail
Sun 12/12/2010Godiva Couch MountainTrail(?)
Sat 1/1/2011Godiva New Years RunEasy Trail
Sun 1/9/2011Godiva Eno EqualizerTrail
Sat 1/15/2011Little River Trail 10 MilerTrail
Sat 2/5/2011Uwharrie Mountain Run 40 MilerTrail
Sun 2/13/2011Godiva Geezer PleezerRoad
Sat  3/5/2011Umstead Trail Marathon  Bridle Trail

10 comments:

  1. Ah, so you're one of the smart ones who registered for Uwharrie as soon as it was available online? I'm so jealous. I had no idea that all three distance options would fill up in less than a day.

    This looks like a great race schedule! I'll be at the Raven Rock Rumble, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come do the Medoc Trail Marathon Re-Run Nov 26th (Sat after Thanksgiving). FA style but you can get shirts, medals, finisher's surprise (vests) and pint glasses is you like (at cost.)

    http://www.rockymountenduranceclub.org/2010/10/great-medoc-rerun-of-2010.html

    Come join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing the Danville Half next Saturday; I wonder if I could manage the Misery Run on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AR: Yes, I had been training for the Uwharrie sign up for months. You gotta be fast with the credit card. See ya at Raven Rock. I'll be wearing the pink tutu. If it's not too cold.

    Frank: That's not a bad idea. We are planning a long Uwharrie training run that weekend anyway. Though I was hoping to do some single track at Falls Lake. Is Medoc rocky and rooty?

    BFJ: Sure! come on out to Durham. Godiva runs are cheap ($5) and fun. Misery run has lots of farm fresh poo, which is hard to find in a race.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh tells me that running through poo is the perfect post-half cooldown. Like a spa treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Medoc has rocky and rooty sections. Not as rocky as Umstead but just about a rooty I guess. No stream crossings. But the good news is you are back at your car at mile 6 and then again at 8.5!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bailed on Uwharrie (20) last year because of the cold (whimp, I know). I may try for the Umstead Marathon. Does reg fill fast?
    I did City of Plaks Marathon today with my PR of 4:29:30. I was praying for sub 4:30, weird how 26.2 miles can come down to 30 seconds...

    ReplyDelete
  8. chris: Umstead usually fills up in a few days. But maybe faster this year. Congrats on the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, running Medoc again as a long training run for Uwharrie 40 miler? Tempting. I'll likely be at Raven Rock, possibly Cary T-Trot, skip Run at Rock (even though I like it), Charlotte M and Godiva Winter Series races, need to sign up for Little River and of course Umstead. Also signed up for Belmonte 50km end of March, eying Tahoe Rim trail 50km.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.