Sunday, December 12, 2010

Run Down Again

I lay defeated, while my dog Jorge mockingly dances around

I have discovered my limit once again.

I've been laid low with another sinus infection, and some sort of tendinitis behind my knee.

It was a good Fall season with 13 races in the last 3 months or so.

But I guess I really over did it a couple of weeks ago. 73 miles in 7 days, including Raven Rock, the Turkey Trot, and the Faust Marathon. I was destroyed after that.

My replacement turkey tendon got me through Run at the Rock, but afterwards it disintegrated. And then I got sick. It is time to admit defeat.

So I had to miss the Godiva Couch Mountain race today, which I was looking forward to. And my high mileage month of December is now a month of recovery.

Anyway it was a good year. Shannon and I are trying to pick out the best running photos of the year, and will do a post later.

6 comments:

  1. Man, I'm glad you had such a good Fall season of running before illness and injury got the better of you. I'm recovering from a mild sinus infection, too. Rest well, AC! I'll look forward to the best-of-2010 photo post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the turkey tendon thing didn't work? Do I need to cancel my operation?? Looking forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! Something is in the air... EVERYBODY seems to be painin'.

    Pretty awesome year for you two, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy putting up your feet and doing nothing except lifting 12oz curls and recovering. BTW, how did you ever lure your calf muscle back after Umstead Marathon earlier this year? It appears mine decided to stay in Charlotte...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ash&BFJ- thanks!
    Frank- Well the Turkey tendon worked great for Run at the Rock, but fell apart after that. What do you expect for .79 a pound?
    Heiko- Try leaving out a saucer full of Gatorade on the front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always such great pictures, but I have to say the one with Anthony & Jorge is my favorite by far. It tells a story.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.