Thursday, December 30, 2010

Votes are in

Facebook voting for our best photo of the year is complete.
There was a tie, with 2 photos both receiving 10 votes by people who were not Shannon, myself, or our dog. One of them was me gasping like a fish out of water (thanks Josh). So I cast the deciding vote for the other one. So the winner is:

Shannon running the Appalachian Trail

Personally, I thought the photo below was the best. Yes, it is blurry. But I thought that conveyed the action.
It is from the National 10K Trail Championship, taken about 400 meters from the finish line. Two women, racing up a steep trail, battling for 6th place. Come on, how cool is that?

Anyway, next year we will have a real contest, and ask people to submit their own photos. I will have to come up with a better scheme for voting.


4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, what? I couldn't hear you over your gills flapping desperately.

    Thank you guys for taking such awesome photos. My goal is to find my way into every shot at Umstead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the winning picture is all kinds of crazy beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We got something special in store for 2011

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one's such a worthy winner. I love it!
    Happy New Year to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.