Sunday, March 21, 2010

2010 Tobacco Road Marathon pictures

Shannon and I went out to spectate the Tobacco Road Marathon in Cary this morning. We were around the 25.6 mile mark (12.5 for the half marathoners).

Shannon took a bunch of pictures with her fancy professional camera, and the pictures are here.
She got most of the first 180 marathoners and many of the back of the pack half-marathoners.
Feel free to use them (though attribution would be nice). If you want any high res pictures, just email:

info@shannonjohnstone.com

Congrats to some people we know:

  • Joey Anderson for qualifying for Boston again!
  • Chris Boyce (Godiva VP), is that a PR?
  • Matt "Moose" Marum, for getting wood in Umstead, then running another fast marathon 2 weeks later.
  • Jenny Miles on good half!
  • Julie Garett
  • Gregg Dean (Godiva, going sub-3!)
  • Tim Pierce, 2:50, that's just nuts
  • Susie Hansley (Godiva)
  • John Haws (Godiva)
  • "Ultra" Brad Smythe
  • Frank Lilley! Sorry we missed you Frank!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Shannon and Anthony. Great pictures and great to see you there cheering us on. I guess you could tell I was hurting and ready to get it over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a miserable day for me, but you all gave me a definite boost. When I heard one of you say, ".6 to go -- finish strong" I said, alright now, suck it up. It definitely helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barefoot running: Have you ever seen anything like these? ( http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_KSO_m.cfm ) They even come in red (well orange actually). Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I've seen the vibrams.
    Might just go barefoot and paint my feet red.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.