Saturday, October 16, 2010

Detroit Bonk City

I feel uptight on a Saturday night...

Shannon and I will be running The Detroit Marathon tomorrow.

We both planning on running way faster than we are capable of, so maybe some entertaining bonk stories will come of it.

Everyone except me seems to think I am capable of running under 3 hours. So I will try just to prove them wrong.


Gratuitous Expo panoramic

Detroit looks nice, from 20,000 feet



 I think there is an 85% chance that the rusty Ambassador bridge
will not collapse into the the Detroit river as I run across it





Inside the "Under Water mile". Notice how much cleaner and
friendlier the Canadian side looks.

At the expo with my sister Monique, Me, and My Evil Twin brother, Chris. 

5 comments:

  1. Cool USA/Canada line. I have some picture of me going through the Lincoln tunnel standing on the line between New Jersey and New York, but both sides of the line looked just as hostile and dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could do a sub-3, even if the bridge does collapse.

    It's weird, you're running now while I'm typing. What if you're reading this at the same time? WATCH OUT FOR THE DEAD SQUIRREL!!!

    Anyway, looks like the weather is perfect for a speedy marathon. I predict you'll finish in 3:01, Shannon in 2:55. She'll get a picture of you crossing the finish line, but we won't actually see you because she'll be holding a trophy in front of the camera, blocking you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out for U.S. Customs. I may have alerted them to your alleged nefarious deeds. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it all went fantabulous for you.

    BTW, what makes your brother evil?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.