Saturday, October 30, 2010

2010 Paws For Life 5K

I had come to this 5K with thoughts about running fast and competing.
But after I picked up my bib, I was scornfully reminded that this event is not really about that.
It is about dogs.


The reminder came in the form of a huge pile fresh dog poo that I stepped in.

In any case, the "Red Shoe Theory" held true. The guy with the flashiest shoes, a florescent yellow, ran away with the win.

Me, my black shoes, and my newly acquired canine feces struggled to a fortunate third place.
Like all of my races this fall, I was exactly 2% faster than last year, and the consistency is comforting.

Anyway, on to the important stuff. Dogs in costumes!

Thing #1 and Thing #2



There was a 1 mile dog walk.



They didn't let dogs run the 5K, otherwise
I would have brought Dooright or Jeffery










Very cool Paw themed awards

5 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, oh! All those dogs are so wonderful! I want to come to this someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This warms my heart. I wish I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is dog poo the secret to finishing in the top 3?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AC . . . this report smells!!

    Did you dress up too . . . maybe go as a greyhound or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome race in which to participate. The awards are definitely cool. Congratulations on your placement! And, I hope you managed to clean your shoe well enough before heading home.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.