Saturday, October 30, 2010

Red Shoe Theory test

Well, it was a year ago that I first put the "Red Shoe Theory" to the test with my red Brooks Launch. Those shoes delivered two improbable and undeserved wins to this mediocre runner.

But they have long since fallen apart, and Brooks has changed the color of the Launch to be black.

So this morning I will return to the same 5K, with same course. I'll have the same shoes but this time they are black instead of red.

I am slightly faster than last year, but that shouldn't matter. Let's see what happens...

2 comments:

  1. To have a real scientific experiment, you can't know what color your shoes are. I say have Shannon paint them a different color for multiple 5k runs, put the shoes on blindfolded, then put your feet in opaque plastic bags so you don't see your shoes if you should happen to look down.

    If a pattern develops after, oh, 100 5ks, maybe 20 5ks for five colors, we may have something. 310 miles should keep you busy for most of the weekend. Looking forward to the results!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.