Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shut out of Boston?

As I'm sure you have heard, entry to the 2011 Boston Marathon filled to capacity in just 8 hours!

Why is Boston so popular? Does it have a scenic course? Bargain pricing? Fast times? Convenient location?.


NO.

It's because it is exclusive. They don't let just anyone in, you have to qualify. Either by running fast times or spending/raising thousands of dollars for a charity slot.

Did you spend years training and running pedestrian marathons to get your qualifying time, only to be shut out of Boston for 2011?

Well, we at Tigram have good news for you!


Announcing
The 214th running of
The Tigram® Triangle Marathon.
It is a common misconception that Boston is the oldest and most exclusive marathon in the world.

Not true!

The Tigram® Triangle Marathon(TTM) dates back to 1796, much older than Boston.
And the TTM is also far more exclusive! How exclusive? Well, have you every heard of it? No?
Exactly.

Qualifying Times
For most of it's storied history, the TTM has set a lofty qualifying time of 2:00:59, for men and women of all ages. Absolutely no one has been good enough to qualify for this prestigious event.

However, because of the unexpected fill up of Boston, we at Tigram are making an unprecedented exception in order to accommodate the many thousands of disappointed Boston hopefuls.

For 2011, the qualifying times for the TTM have been adjusted to match those for Boston.
So here is your chance to run THE single most exclusive marathon in the world!

Course
 To those "in the know" the TTM route is legendary. A rolling course which culminates in the fabled "Resentment Ridge" at mile 21.

Crowd support makes the TTM journey unforgettable. Especially at mile 13, where the girls of Wesley's College of Sensual Massage and Exotic Dancing are cheering from the sidelines. Be sure to stop and get a kiss from one of the girls, and then a massage or maybe a lap dance. Remember to bring cash for a tip.

Entry Fee
In keeping with the exclusivity of the race, we put the entry fee at a premium level.

Standard: $900
VIP:        $3000

The VIP entry will make you feel extra special because you are paying much, much more.

Time and Location
The TTM is held near Raleigh, NC. We do not release the exact location and start time to the general public. This is to prevent any "unqualified" runners showing up and ruining your experience.

Charity Entries
For those that are not speedy, but are still dying to run this coveted race, we are offering charity slots.
The official charity of the 2011 TTM will be The Rake-A-Leaf Fund, which benefits middle-aged white men who are overburdened with tedious yard maintenance. A minimum donation of $10000 will be required.

Registration
Registration is invite only.
Capacity is capped at 5 runners, though we will be accepting non-refundable entries for up to 100,000 wait-list applicants.
Leave a comment if you feel you have what it takes to run the best marathon in the world.
If you are deemed worthy, you will receive a special invite.

Don't delay! The registration is expected to fill in minutes!

17 comments:

  1. I'm in. Never ran a marathon, but I had a dream i could run a 3:10, so it must be true! Checks in the mail. VIP all the way baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoO, pick me pick me! I'm sending my check today! :p

    Sub 2 hour marathon here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried to register for TTM, but the link was broken. And now my heart is broken. Maybe next year, if the standards aren't changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! Lucky #5! I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you give a free pair of your Tigram Ten Toes per entry? If so, can you customize the one for my right foot? On that foot I have only the middle toe. So just include that toe. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. The TTM has been on my must do list ever since I heard about it!! I am in, do you have anything better than the VIP, since this is my one and only shot at this exclusive event, I really need it to be the special once in a life time event for me. I will pay more if I can get the prestigious TTM runners jacket to wear around every race expo and package pick up. Also a tech. shirt with the TTM training logo, so I can wear it around now so everyone knows that I am a prestigious runner in training.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... so if I rake your yard, I'm in? Neil said he'd cover my entry fee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heck, I'm covering everyones fees! Plus everyone gets Ipads in their race kits! And Scooters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey if Neil is picking up the tab, put my name on the list and I'll even run it barefoot. Will work on my sub-2h scooter skills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crap, I got into Boston ! Maybe 2012 I can try to get into TTM

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandfather ran the 2nd race but was never seen after mile 13.
    I have run a 1:59:00 marathon but because it was the last 26.2 of the Badwater 135 Tigram did not count it. Unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard there is a relay team forming for TTM called "The Beet Generation."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heiko! I'm running it barefoot and barebummed! I read the rules, its ok!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not sure, I would make it past mile 13. I better save my money

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.