Friday, January 15, 2010

If you don't hear from us by 10pm Saturday night...

Please call the authorities and have them start searching Uwharrie National Forest for us.

Description of us:

*White male. (really white. I mean like paste). 5'8". Wearing embarrassingly short shorts and goofy red shoes. Possibly missing teeth from falling face first into rocks.
*Small white female with frizzy blond hair. 5'2". Clutching empty bag of Skittles. Cursing unintelligibly.

Tomorrow we attempt our 3rd and final training run in Uwharrie. We plan to run 6-7 hours, the longest we have ever run, on the most difficult trail we have ever been on. It seems really dumb idea right now. I bet it will seem even dumber when we are done.

Only half joking about this. Read this story about a couple of runners on a long training run on trails getting lost. There's all kinds of other bad things that can happen. Fortunately, hunting season is over; hopefully the hunters know this...

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, if I don't hear back from you, I'll keep an eye open for you on 2/6 during the Uwharrie race. Have fun out there and while you're there can you please work on flattening the hills for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I die out there, I will make sure to crawl off the trail first so nobody trips over my corpse during the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have faith in you: you'll be back home just fine tomorrow night. But pack a flashlight, just in case. Is Bubbles not joining you this time?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.