Monday, June 20, 2011

Welcome to Running Down

Blogging Marathon Day #2



About This Blog
I started this blog back in 2008, when Shannon and I had acquired this bizarre addiction to running races. We signed up for as many as we possibly could, sometimes two in a weekend. I remember staring at our ridiculous schedule thinking it was only a matter of time before the crippling injuries and afflictions started to pile up.

So I decided to chronicle my journey to self-induced infirmity in this blog, and name it "Running Down".
In case it isn't obvious, the name is a tribute to the irony of hurting yourself with an ostensibly healthy activity.

Oddly enough, the injuries didn't come right away. From 2008-2010, we ran 96 races, never really taking any time off. In fact, although I felt like crap, I was actually getting faster. So instead I just posted races reports, pictures, and feeble attempts at humor.

Run Down Complete
But it finally happened. The past 6 months I have gone from the best shape of my life to being completely broken down. My knees have gone kaput.

So for much of this blogging marathon, I will return to the original purpose of "Running Down", and discuss injuries, pain, doctors, treatments, and horribly bad decisions. I will finally post the race report for my major bonk at Bayshore, and at least one new gear review.

4 comments:

  1. Gear review? Surely this means a Tigram® brand revival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting the knees to a non-kaputt state again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bib board is a thing of beauty. I just have mine crumpled in a bag in my closet for now.

    Perhaps you could review a pair of new knees for your new gear review. ;-P (I take that back if it isn't funny)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh . . with all these race numbers, finish times and places data we could advance the science of Race Numerology greatly . . .

    TripleF

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.