Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fall Race Schedule

Blogging Marathon: Day 23
To endure the oppressive heat, I need to look forward to when it will hopefully be cooler, and running will be more enjoyable.

Here are the races that Shannon and I have planned for the fall. I'm sure there will be others races in between, but these are the important ones.

8/29/2010 - Continental Divide Trail Race 10K
This will be a humbling experience. Our first race in the mountains. This is the USATF 10k Trail Championship, where really fast people show up. I might finish dead last.

9/17/2010 - Blue Ridge Relay
We return to the mountains to run on the Godiva "Mixed" team. 208 miles, 12 people, 27 hours in van. Our first relay.

9/25/2010 - Salem Lake 30K
A week after the relay, this seems like a bad idea. But this is one of our favorite races, because it's like a marathon without the hard part. This will be Shannon's 7th time running it and my 6th.

10/9/2010 - Triple Lakes Trail Race
Actually, we probably will not run this, because we have a marathon a week later. But I so badly want to. I love trail races, and this is a great one. I am thinking of quitting all these boring painful road races, and doing nothing but trails.

10/17/2010 - Detroit Marathon
We signed up for this because Shannon is obsessed with trying to PR at flat, fast marathons. Will be my 4th time running it. My sister will be joining us for the full and my brother for the half.
I am setting a pie in sky goal of breaking 3 hours. Unfortunately I seem to be getting slower and not faster, so it most likely will be a spectacular bonk.

11/6/2010 - Shut-in Ridge Run
Thinking about this one. Plus side - it's a trail race.
Minus: 18 miles up the side of a mountain sounds painful. It's a long drive. They have a terrible flash based website.


11/20/2010 - Raven Rock Rumble
Love this race!

12/4/2010 - Run at the Rock
Wearing some football cleats this time.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Detroit has really let their roads go, haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you are in the home stretch for the marathon blog, I am intrigued with the .2 in the 26.2 days of blogging. Does that mean that you need to post the last blog before a certain hour in the day or you would post a partial blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's 0.2 of a post in 0.2 of the day. That one will be easy. it's the next three that will be a struggle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut-in? Hmmmm. Yet another trip out west? Are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course we are! A bunch of crazy Godivans make a weekend of it every year. You should DEFINITELY add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.