Friday, July 23, 2010

Fitness Forecast

Blogging Marathon: Day21

The "Fitness Forecast" courtesy of weather.com

I was thinking it would be too hot to run this weekend, but I guess I was wrong! Thanks to the weather.com "Fitness Forecast", I can see the conditions will be "Moderate" for running. I guess it would have to be 130°F before it would be too hot.


Tonight the temp will drop to a chilly 78°F, with 80% humidity. Great conditions for the Run with Heart 5K tomorrow morning.

Yes, I am running another 5K, for the 4th consecutive weekend. The course is supposed to be flat and fast, and I am curious if I can beat my time from last weekend at the Beat the Heat 5K. That 5K was a little hilly, but it was cooler out. So what slows us down more? Heat or hills?

I feel pretty good today, which according to the IDI Hypothesis, means I will have a terrible race. We will find out tomorrow.

In the mean time I will post some old pictures, and think cool thoughts.





5 comments:

  1. Eff this heat. I'd much rather run in my native Chicago winters than struggle to pull myself out of bed in the morning to run in this outdoor sauna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit toasty in NC. I am planning my long run Sunday on the Tobacco Trail and will try to start before 7 AM to try and beat the 101 degree heat predicted. Wheeee! I have a 100 oz. pack that I think might come in handy since they have no water source out there.
    Shannon: I grew up in Hyde Park on the south side of Chicago. I was never a runner back then. But I did ride my bike to high school much of the winters. We were tough kids back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the 5K. Hope the IDI theory is wrong. AND wow. the fitness forecast is pretty tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, thanks for the snow photos. It helps here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great race this morning. It sure was hot/miserable in Umstead even starting at 7am...

    Heiko (with his head stuck in the freezer)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. Had to enable that awful word verification due to spam.